Friday, July 10, 2009

The Past Year

High school has been interesting. I am going into my junior year and I am in two clubs, Environmental club, where we recycle for the school, and debate, where I compete with debaters mainly from King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties. It was pretty steady, with Jesse following me around while I'm sitting with my friends from Environmental club at lunch, and going through six classes, biology, history, geometry, wind ensemble (the advanced band), boring typing or simple weight lifting, both where all brain functions minus breathing, blinking and heart beat are turned off (not my choice. Wasn't even on the radar.), and then the pre-IB Honors English where we read Dickens. A very bizarre schedule for anyone, especially a scientist, 3-year knowledge bowler, and debater.

I went in August of 2008 to visit my grandparents in the Tri-cities. It was a good chance to get to know them as a teenager with more experience from the last time I had an extended visit, which was 2004 in Hillsboro.

I travelled to Victoria, Canada in December with my Mom, which was a fun trip. Lots of snow in the great white north.

On July 14, I board a plane to Los Angeles enroute to Sydney, Australia enroute to Cairns, Australia. It is going to be 7:45 PM July 15 PDT, or 12:45 PM July 16 local time when I finally land. I am going to go be excited for the whole thing, from aborigonees, to dolphin feeding, to home stays, and to the Sydney harbor bridge. Their money is nice because you can tell denominations quickly because their length is different.

Running Start starts in late September with cheap college credit and getting an associates degree in my senior year.

No comments: